The special call "Digital Humanism 2020" within the thematic programme Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is open!
- The submission deadline for short proposals is 2pm on the 22nd of September 2020. This is a two-stage call (for the timeline, see below).
- WWTF wants to position Vienna as an internationally strong location for developing Digital Humanism as a movement and paradigm.
- The proposed project should improve the understanding of current fundamental questions in digitalisation in its social and human dimensions and thereby aim at re-conceptualizing the development of digital technologies.
- Researchers from both Social Sciences & Humanities (SSH, including art-based research) and ICT (Computer Sciences and related fields) and related fields should collaborate across disciplines.
- Project duration is 2-4 years. In total, at least € 2.0 million are dedicated to this call. The funding range per project is € 200,000 to 400,000.
- For more information on the topic "Digital Humanism", please go to https://www.wwtf.at/digital_humanism/
Please note that due to the on-going COVID-19 crisis and its"unknown unknowns" this schedule might be subject to change. We apologize for that. By all means we will provide sufficient time to the applicants for developing ideas and writing a proposal.
- Opening of the call: mid-April 2020
- Matchmaking Event: June 19, 2020 (see below for registration
- Deadline for submission of short proposals (online): September 22, 2020, 2 pm.
- Communication about the invitation to submit a full proposal: Early November 2020
- Deadline for submission of full proposals: January 28, 2021, 2 pm.
- Communication of the funding decision: End of May 2021
For more details kindly refer to the Call fiche, the Guide for Writing a Short Proposal (both below) as well as the WWTF Funding Guidelines.
Applications for joint projects from institutions in Niederösterreich are welcome in this call. For details, please see https://www.wwtf.at/noe/joint_projects/ or read the specifics in the "Guide for Writing a Proposal" (file link below)
IMPORTANT: In order to facilitate new collaboration possibilities between SSH and ICT, WWTF set up a Matchmaking Platform to find partners. We kindly ask you to use to occasion. Please register for the plattform with a short profile and take part in the online matching event on June 19, 2020! ( https://call-digital-humanism.b2match.io/ )
Please do not hesitate to contact the Call Managers for more information: Michael Strassnig or Donia Lasinger